Friday, September 4, 2009

100 Things to Eat Before You Die


I wrote this piece several years ago during the PR flurry surrounding Patricia Schutlz's bestseller - 1000 Places to See Before You Die. Of course eating, not seeing consumes my thoughts before my eventual expiration. I'm replaying it again cause it's such good fun and it's good to refresh my memory of culinary gems. Let's start with the first 10.

1. The molten chocolate cake at Legal Seafoods
2. Sangria at Cibeles in Lyndhurst, NJ (fruit qualifies it as food)
3. My mother's 10 vegetable biryani
4. The seared tuna at the Twisted Vine in Santa Rosa, CA
5. Masala dosa from the shop next to the taxi stand in Nuzvid, India
6. The pumpkin ravioli at La Dolce Vita in Soho, NY
7. Roasted salmon in a sweet pea puree from Max's, Brattleboro Vermont
8. The lobster roll from the food shack next to Plymouth Rock, MA
9. Ledo's pizza in Silver Spring, MD. Plain cheese, no toppings
10. My chicken curry.

Would love to hear about your favorite eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment