Tuesday, January 3, 2012

5 out of 5 Tasters Say


I think I can take them. The Pot Pie establishments that is. Recent new years day attempts have bolstered my faith in the pie. Spent half the day simmering chickens in homemade broth which rendered the poultry unctuously moist - the perfect conduit to lap up aromatics. Main contenders are Blarney Station in East Rutherford and The Orange Squirrel in Bloomfield. While the Orange Squirrel does an elegant bechamel heightened by a liquor reduction. Cognac perhaps? Blarney's pie on the other hand is pure Irish fare.

I'm not shy about my culinary prowess but I have to say my pot pie does rock. This opinion was echoed by my weekend guests. All 5 of them! As my cousin Amit boldly rumored on Facebook: Best Pot Pie EVER.

All this talk of pies and casseroles reminds me of possibly the funniest cooking blog ever captured in interactive media. Jean Paul Sartre's Cookbook. Offered here for your culinary amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment